About author

Jesper Åström

Jesper Åström is a digital tactician hired by people and companies all over the world to help solve their digital challenges. He is also a liked educator and business creator and currently develops educational programs in collaboration with Hyper Island in Sweden and Singapore, whilst building businesses in Sweden and Japan. Subscribe to Jespers YouTube Channel

Related items

/ You may check this items as well

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 22.18.02

How to deal With Facebooks Click-bait and Photo caption algorithm changes

Tweet I have received a lot of questions about acc...

top-bild-facebook

Why is Facebook the only one allowed to be lazy

Tweet I have received a lot of questions about acc...

What you eat don’t make me shit

Tweet I have received a lot of questions about acc...

There are 74 comments

• NOHA says:

Hi,
    I can’t get my account to be verified, I enter my mobile number but the code is not sent to me.
    i dont wont to write down my credit card number.
    what can i do, won’t i be able to develop fb applications anymore now

• Steevn says:

Help …
    When I go to my account asked me to enter my phone number to verify my account … I entered the number but I got a COD, I might have dialed the wrong number … What I do to get my account back! Thanks in advance!

• Alvin says:

When I try to verify by phone, facebook say: “Your mobile phone has been successfully verified, and you are signed up for Facebook Mobile.”

But I whenever I try to create app, I still receive: “Your account must be verified before you can take this action. Please verify your account by adding your Mobile phone or Credit/debit card.”

I can’t get out of this loop! What is wrong? Thanks in advance.

• Mathias says:

Same issue for me…

• Gary says:

..and me

• zindi says:

I got it working. Verify the account from the profiles ‘Account Settings’ -> ‘Mobile’ tab.

• Koviko says:

To confirm your account:

1. Text the letter “F” to FBOOK (32665) and Facebook will text you your confirmation code.
      2. Then, go to “Account Settings”, go to your “Mobile” tab, and click the “Already received a confirmation code?” link.
      3. Enter the confirmation code that they texted you and you should be considered verified.

Hope this helps everyone else out there dealing with this (annoying) issue.

• Autumn says:

It’s not working for me still

• Vicki says:

This worked like a charm !!! I created a second account and used my cell to verify it. The second account held my cell # hostage and I couldn’t reclaim it back for my first account. I texted F to FBOOK and sent me a new confirm code and I now have my # back for my first account !!

• The User says:

Thank you so much! I texted F to 32665 and I get the confirmation code! YAY finally a solution to my problem. God bless YOU

• David says:

I verified my credit card and am running ads. I still am going through the loop while trying to add an app.
    “Your account must be verified before you can take this action. Please verify your account by adding your Mobile phone or Credit/debit card.” Then I click on it and it shows my credit card is verified….

• Frank Cavalier says:

I went through the steps suggested – Accounts/Mobile – and they sent me a confirmation code.

Then, when I tried to enter what FB sent, I received a message telling me that it was an “invalid code.”

Now what?

• Craig says:

I’m also having the same f*king problem especially when I am to create apps. I have been a member of facebook for months now. I don’t want to give them any phone number and certainly NOT my credit card number. I am not really a facebook fan because of its security and privacy issues but facebook is only helpful to connect with my customers. What can I possibly do to get rid of this? Thanks for your advice.

• ibsidszombie says:

FB needs an options for bands,actor etc to verify their accts. Put an end to the fakes.

• Jesper Astrom says:

I completely agree! Sort of like Twitters verified accounts. I am surprised they haven’t put this in place yet. I know businesses have an opportunity to do this, and big artists have their copyright protection, however, there should be a way for smaller artists to protect their brands against foul play.

• Osaze says:

everytime i try 2 verify my account on facebook on my laptop it asks me to select the box which has tagged my friends in pics and wen i do the page just goes bk to the start.

• Jesper Astrom says:

What browser are you currently using? Try switching to another one. If you are using Chrome this might be a problem.

• Anna says:

I currently have been running and paying for Ads on Facebook under my credit card for my clients and have been the primary credit card account on this . I am starting a new campaign and my client gave me his credit card information and I have added this to Facebook. As I go to pay for the advertising on this particular clients campaign FB wants to charge my card instead. How do I make it so that my clients card covers his cost. I keep getting a pop up that says that the credit card information needs to be verified. I already have gone through the process of verifying billing address but wont let me make this clients credit card a primary.

• Jesper Astrom says:

In your situation I would go ahead and delete my own card… that is if you’re not using it for another campaign at the moment. I had a similar thing happen to me, and I solved it by simply changing cards to my account. They do get suspicious after a while though. :)

• ani says:

Give me some suggestion to verification code plzzzzzzzz…

• Kay says:

having trouble with this whole code thing, they say they have sent it to my phone but yet i have got it.. i cant access my account which also is a online business!!!!!!! HELP!!!!! :(

• Lene says:

I got problem with account verification. Facebook asked me to enter the verification code that was sent to my mobile. I took forever to get the code so that I tried to resend the code couple of times and all I got is error message saying : “you request too much code in short period of time”
    One day has passed, I thought I can request the code again but the same error message still appeared.
    Has anyone encounter this kind of problem? Until when I should wait to ask the verification code sent to my mobile again?
    Really need help. Thank you.

• barbara75 says:

Hi there,
    I am really frustrated, When I registered for facebook, I gave them my old cellphone number. Now they want that I verify my account and they say that they sent a code to my cellphone number. But I don’t have that number anymore!!! And there is no button where I could change my number! What should I do?? PLEASE help me!!!

• James2011 says:

Hi there, I got this message from facebook.

“Please use this form if you’re experiencing an issue when trying to log in or reset your password. Note that we’re unable to reply to every bug report, but we may contact you for more details as we investigate”.

I need the verification code that facebook team didnt send me. I already write to facebook but never get reply from them. I also provide my identity to proof that I’m the real owner but still no reply from them.

What should I do???

Many thanks,

James

• emma says:

cant log onto facebook becouse it say Use a phone to verify your account and Please complete a security check and it wort let me do it

• Hi,

I opened a Facebook account to my Brazilian business, and somehow I cannot verify my account with Facebook no matter what I do. I have inserted the cellular phone number, and they never sent me the sms. I have entered my credit card, and they don’t process the request. Facebook Team from Brazil told me that maybe it’s because I have a prepaid cellular phone. I have never heard that prepaid cellular phones cannot receive SMS.

Facebook is getting unreal!!! Just a new way to hold people’s business life. Clever.

• sangeeta says:

I am havng the same trouble of mb verificatn code for a/c verifyng.i got the code in mah mob and entered it they said invalid code.later i put my ph no. they say you r requestng too many codes in a short span n next when aftr 8hrs i tried agen they said we textd u n ur mb but i dint receive d code even aftr 8hrs!wat to do?plz rply.n i do net 4m mb.shal tryng dis 4m pc help?

• cara says:

okay my problem is they asked me to verify my account with a mobile number so i did and i got the code and put it in and everything was fine then i got a new phone and a week later after i got a new phone it said they sent another code to my old number but i don’t know how i’m supposed to get that if i don’t use that number or phone anymore ? and it asks me to put what they sent to my old number but i can’t. So i haven’t been using facebook for 2 months now which fucking sucks and i don’t want to make a new account . It would be awesome if it would let me change the number that i’m verifying my account with but i can’t so i hate facebook, there’s so many problems with it.

• Carla says:

So I signed up for facebook and it says I need to give my phone number to verify the account. So I did and thy did send me a code , however the box to type in the code won’t let me type in letters , only numbers . But the verification code has letters in it , I haven’t been able to access my account at allll !!!! Please help me.

• Savannah says:

I signed up for Facebook using the cell phone number I had at the time. I don’t have the phone or the number anymore and now they’re wanting me to verify my number, but I can’t because I don’t have it anymore. I got an email with a verification code, but when I hit the button to enter the number manually it gives me an error message. What do I do. I can’t do anything at all with my facebook because of this. I can’t even go to the help center page.

• Kara Veillette says:

Hi I got my cellphone verified on my facebook account, im trying to get the new timeline and i still see no “get it now button” what should i do?

• arnav says:

Really need help. Thank you.

• Xtfx says:

SIMPLY SAY to FB ugly geeks to fuck off, and mind their fucking business, et they keep jerking people off, just simply say FUCK YOU FACEBOOK, FACEBOOK GEEKS, Mark Zuckerberg go blow M$ Bill Gates’s DICK OFF

• sara says:

i am trying to access my fb account. When i sent my cell number i got a text which said my system doesn’t support that text. Hence, it doesn’t open. I tried that “F” method mentioned above but the text i receive is the same that my system does not support it. If the cell phone companies in my country do not support it how can i get my account back?

• salim says:

my mobile was @ hom so i couldnt put the confarmation code on time after i reached home & tried the conformation code it gives some error that you are trying very offen so pls help me to sign in back 2 my a/c

• D says:

No fucking way facebook is getting my phone number for verification, either let me log in or fuck you!

• Frederick Olson says:

Am not sure if really Facebook is doing verification seriously. They should post a notice into our account and NOT passing on notices like a Chained letter style. Second the verification system should not be carried by a third party like CLUB E FACTORY. There was no advance notice from FACEBOOK that they are doing it in behalf of Facebook and authorized by them. Most often it might go against privacy policy.

Providing codes should be NOT be too long, it should accept feedback from users for non-acceptance of codes on a pre determine time by SMS.

• Shelby says:

Hi, My account has been temporarily locked, and I put in my phone number lick asked but it continues to say that it is on another account but I know it isn’t. What do I do?

• maan says:

Solved, Facebook Verify Account is Sending Code to My Old Phone Number. Please complete a security check Security checks help keep Facebook trustworthy and free of spam.Enter confirmation code A code was sent to your following number: 1********** Once you’ve received your confirmation code, please enter it below. This will help confirm your account ownership.

• Minty says:

I am TRYING to get access to my company’s website so i can start managing it.
    1) It looks to be connected to my personal account and I dont want it to be, how do I cut that cord?
    2) When the system says its going to call for verification I get this:
    “There was a problem when trying to schedule your verification phone call. Please try again later”

Dont human beings work at Facebook to help with this stuff?
    I would appreciate any help

• Brenda says:

My facebook on my mobile wont accept the comfirmation code I entered. Keeps reading error. I sent txt to facebook, got a code. When I went onto accounting setting/mobile. To add phone number to account, it says that I need to confirm my account before I can add number. I ALREADY confirmed my email account. I can log in just fine on my laptop but I can not use facebook on my phone. Code they gave me when I verified my email does not work. Keeps reading error! I have contacted facebook and NO HELP. Almost everybody uses facebook…. thye make so much money! Why cant they set up a customer service hotline to help people like us rather then trying to fix their error problems on our own! Can some one help please!

• ljay says:

Im trying so hard to get back in to fb it says to put in my confirmation code but the thing is the number there sending it to is disconnected. & idk how to get back in! Please help :(

• jaspire says:

I am same issue but i have to do with another account now…. so sad and frustrating

• James says:

After years of using Facebook, they suddenly decided I needed to verify my account using my mobile number. The mobile number they have stored for me is correct, but I do not receive a verification code, no matter how many times I click the resend version.

I finally found a form in the help section to submit my problem and got an automated reply telling me to submit a photo government-issued identity to verify my account.

It’s pretty damn cheeky that Facebook should expect me to show them my passport in order to keep using their service, but being desperate to get back on (I’m trying to arrange my birthday party on there for a start), I decided I’d send them the requested photo.

It’s been about two weeks and I have heard nothing back from them. I can’t find anything that suggests how long it might take to verify an account using ID.

I’m really frustrated.

• Elephant says:

Hi! 1st of all, I’d like to thank you for the helpful info. I already entered my phone number for several times but the code hasn’t been sent to me. I don’t know what’s wrong with Facebook. Please help! Thanks so much in advance.

• Elyasse says:

I Get This Message Use a phone to verify your account BUt Nothing Have been Send To My Phone Please Help :(

• LukaN says:

Hi,

got the same problem with confirmation code for about 3 days.
    I’m sending them about 8 e-mails a day but nothing happens.

Code is not coming and I’m sure it isn’t providers problem. (T-mobile).

I googled and searched for answers & stuff and I found that really a lot of people have this issue.
    Some of them got their codes on mobile phones after 12, 20 or more days.

I found a phone number (0016505434800) which is Facebook User Center or something.
    I even called them (after sending them photo of my ID and everything they wanted) but no one answers. It’s really expensive for me to call them (from Croatia), but I hope it will solve your problems :)

Maybe they’re not working cause in California it’s nearly 8:30 AM … so I’ll call again later and report what happened :)

Good luck with getting code!

• fiddausi says:

Pls hw wil I do u close ma account nd u say I shld verify and off till now is nt open why?

• codee ferguson says:

FB had me do a security check and something went wrong, now when i log in all i get is “must complete a security check” with a red box under it saying “no verification methods available at this time, please try later” WTF i tried to upload my id and it doesnt say anything like, “we have recieved…” or that it was even sent, nothing happens and how am i supposed to log into my acccount if there is no way for me to contact FB?! HELP someone lol!!!

• jalil says:

thnx but ithink nothing has worked 4 me

• asa says:

For security reasons your account is temporarily locked

• Tammy says:

(We’ve received feedback that your account may not be real. Facebook is a community where people share and interact using their real identities.)…this is what I’m getting when i try to sign in to my account….My cell phone is off so I’m unable to get a code…it want me to upload my state id to them to prove I am who I am…everyone on my page is my family so whi can the ask them if I am who I am…this is straight bul-shit….I been with Fb for bout 2-3 years…alll my photos are now locked into fb and I cant even get on it…IM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! iM GOING TO CHOKE THE HELL OUT OF WHO EVER SAID I WAS FAKE

• neelam rai says:

FB had me do a security check and something went wrong, now when i log in all i get is “must complete a security check” with a red box under it saying “no verification methods available at this time, please try later” WTF i tried to upload my id and it doesnt say anything like, “we have recieved…” or that it was even sent, nothing happens and how am i supposed to log into my acccount if there is no way for me to contact FB?! HELP someone…..plzzz give me the solution……….

• Dayana says:

i have been locked out of my fb due to feed backs fb team received that am fake.:( but its not true.ve been using fb since 2008.i didnt add a phone number when i signed up for fb.but they are asking for my phone number for verification.but am still receiving notifications abt my fb account on my email.when i press the link see more notification they ask for my phone number to verify my account.meanwhile if someone search for me on fb they cant find me. am lost.plz help me. my twitter account is. @Dayanasaleh1 ..if anyone could help me.plz do add me.

• Yoshimitsu Hiro says:

My FB account is blocked temporarily and first it asks to text a code in box. when i copy that code correctly then it says that identify the people in the photos……. i don’t have a strong memory…. so i do it after every hour….. plz help me!!!!!!
    it is not helping me to recover my ID!!!!

• Yoshimitsu Hiro says:

help plz…..
    I tried the photo verification and it says No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later. So I tried resetting my password using my email and my phone so now i think it is not locked because it goes straight to the captcha but when i click submit it again says No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later. It has been like this for 3 days. What am i supposed to do?

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

• Lizuko Gom says:

Facebook is fucked up, 1st they deactivated my first account saying my name is identical to someone’s and now they permanently blocked me on the other account. Their service is poor damn bastards.

• Sonia says:

Hello Jasper I created my facebook account today and I started adding my friends one by one, my account was blocked. I tried to regain my account by verifying my number I typed my nmber but I didn’t receive any code at all on my phone, then It tells me “Sorry, we have already tried texting multiple codes and they all seem to have failed. Please click here to get help.” so I resorted to verifying my account via my ID. I sent it to facebook and I still didn’t get any answer. Plz help me

• karan goutam says:

It looks like your account might not be real. Facebook is a community where people share and interact using their real identities.
    Facebook does not allow accounts that:
    Pretend to be someone else
    Use a fake name
    Don’t represent a real person
    In order to regain access to your account, please complete the following security check to verify your identity and help keep Facebook secure.

• Gee says:

hello..
    im having difficulties with my fb..it said that my acc might be fake..then they asked my phone number which i have done so..but then the code which sent to me is stated ‘incorrect or has expired’..when i request the code again. the same code still sent to me..again and again..please help me..i need to access it as i have business page that need to be handled.. :(

• 1 2